3-Sep-2017 · Hopewell ARP · Culleoka, TN
Introduction: Red letter Bibles and the Word of God. The Word of God, who sent the Word of God, and who came and preached the Word of God.
- God’s Last Word
- What is different now: it is the Last Days, because Jesus is on the throne
- No more words after the apostles
- No more “speaking” from God
- God’s Saving Word
- An important difference: God spoke by others, but He never purged sin by any other
- An important distinction: it is not just possible; it is finished
- God’s Most Glorious Word
- Glorious identity. From whom, and through whom, and to whom are all things (cf. Rom 11:33-36)
- Glorious intensity. The brightness of His glory. The express image of His person. Who sits (!) at the right hand of the majesty on high
Conclusion: You don’t mess with this. You don’t enhance this. You just believe, obey, and worship. Do you?